Congratulations on your decision to get married! And thanks for your interest in being married at St Mark’s Anglican Church, Picton or Wilton Anglican Church.
We offer traditional Christian wedding services in our beautiful Churches along with some very helpful marriage preparation counselling.
Our wedding fees are $1500. This includes use of the building, the services of the minister and around 4 wedding preparation sessions. We can usually provide an organist for an additional $100. We can also arrange your wedding certificate with Births Deaths and Marriages for you, and pass their fees onto you.
We can help with basic design and printing of your order of service (or you could arrange your own if you prefer). You will need to arrange your own decorations / flowers if you want these.
The four or so wedding preparation sessions are compulsory because we want to help you to have a great wedding day, and even more importantly, a healthy and lifelong marriage. In the sessions we’ll cover the following topics:
- Marriage: Help you work at having a strong healthy marriage relationship by thinking about what marriage is and by using the Prepare-Enrich tool to analyse and work at improving your relationship.
- God: To introduce you to the God before whom you’ll be making your promises by explaining the Christian gospel and giving you a chance to explore and ask questions.
- Wedding: To prepare for the details of your wedding day and ensure that everything runs smoothly and the way you want it to.
The first step is simply to get in touch by coming along to Church on a Sunday to check the place out and introduce yourself. You’ll then need to fill out a government Notice of Intended Marriage form.
Here are some pictures of our buildings and some previous wedding celebrations:
Some further information:
- Marriage certificates: http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/marriages/marriages-relationships.aspx
- Prepare-Enrich: http://www.prepare-enrich.com.au/